topHead
Jai Christo Province, Palakkad

The Jai Christo Province, Palakkad, of the CMC Congregation, takes its immediate origin from Nirmala Province, Trichur which owes its beginning to the Mother House at Koonammavu, started in 1866. With the approval of the Syrian dioceses of Kerala in 1897 the sisters belonging to the Trichur diocese were taken to Ambazhakad to open a carmelite convent there. Under the loving care of Dr. John Menachery, the first Syrian Bishop of Trichur and his successors the new unit became a separate diocesan congregation and flourished with great rapidity. According to an order from the Sacred Congregation for the Oriental Churches, on May 21, 1963, all the sister congregations of Koonammau were again united under a new title, Congregation of the Mother of Carmel. Thus the diocesan congregation of Trichur became a province with the title Nirmala. In 1974 the Provincial chapter of Nirmala Province felt the n...

more
photo
Sr. Patrick
Provincial Superior
photo
faith
Faith Formation

Our founder Bl.Chavara Kuriakose Eliase envisioned the spiritual resurrection of the people of God through the initiation of our congregation... ..

more

faith
Healing Ministry

Medical service is a crying need in our world. It is praise worthy that the CMC ministry of healing has an important role in our work of evangelization...

more

faith
Education

The apostolate of education is a heritage CMC has inherited from her founder fathers. CMC entered the education field of Kerala informally in 1867 ...

more

faith
New Ventures

A new endeavor to be alone with the alone. A golden chance for the sisters in the province who like to follow the Master radically....

more

Powered By SMCIM